Thursday, April 26, 2012

Independent Component 2

I, Megan, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.

L
In ROP I have learned many different aspects that a very important to a photographer. I have learned about photojournalism this semester. We went over abstract and surrealism, which is really cool and interesting. We have also learned about different perspectives, and just started learning about landscape photography which I've been waiting to learn about. I've refreshed my skills on retouching in Photoshop, along with complex skills on Photoshop. 


I
n ROP we are first taught the technique, then we practice the technique and get critique. We also work in partners at first then work alone, to make sure we grasp the concept. After we grasp the technique we are tested by doing a project. Doing this takes time and lots of practice, which is why I think it demonstrates 30 of hours of working. We also learn many skills on Photoshop, which we have to do the same process above. We also have to edit most of our pictures, which takes even more time.

ROP really helped me this semester with my EQ since we focused on photojournalism. I learned what is most important to Jack in photojournalism. I also learned how tell one clear story in your photo, it was a fun and really cool process. I also found much more information on my answers, like I learned about emotion when we did our first photojournalism photos. I have also learned a lot of skills on Photoshop with my abstract photo, which can help with retouching.

I've been learning how to take better portraits. 
 These are pictures I took at Venice, I've learned how to make my first page kind of thing. I have also learned about different types of light in the day time.


No comments:

Post a Comment